Smoking does not just increase your risk of heart disease, cancer, and other diseases, but can also damage your eyes. Although some changes to your eyes, such as dry eye, can be reversed, others c ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Enrollment and Fees
Our Visual Efficiency Clinic is designed to provide the opportunity for people to improve their academic or work success, sports performance and increase vision as it relates to confidence. To obtain the best results, a commitment of time, patience and consistent follow-through is important for the success of this program.
In-office Vision Therapy is similar to Physical Therapy for your eyes. Dr. Ross will develop an individualized, targeted Vision Therapy Plan and will directly supervise you or your child's care. Based off of the diagnosis, a combination of in-office and at home techniques will be prescribed, utilizing a variety of specialized and/or medical equipment, such as:
● Corrective lenses
● Therapeutic lenses
● Prism lenses
● Optical filters
● Occluders or eye patches
● Electronic targets with timing mechanisms
● Computer Software
● Balance boards or vestibular devices
● Visual-motor-sensory integration training devices
The first step in any Vision Therapy program is a comprehensive vision examination. Once completed, we will then order an Visual Efficiency Evaluation which looks at how effectively and efficiently you are using your eyes as a team, and processing your visual information. Following these thorough evaluations, we can advise you as to whether Vision Therapy would be appropriate treatment.
Our Visual Efficiency Clinic offers a treatment plan requiring a number of office visits and ‘homework’ that typically ranges for several weeks. Effective therapy requires visual skills to be developed until they are integrated with other systems and become automatic, enabling individuals to achieve their full potential.
Visual Efficiency Appointments are a clinic hour (50 minutes long). The Therapy appointments will consist of 40 minutes of In-Office therapy and 10 minutes of Home Therapy instruction.
To further assist with the Home Vision therapy, rented equipment may be available and recommended to take home. All equipment needs to be returned in good condition or the patient will be financially responsible to pay a replacement fee.
● We are happy to bill the insurance for you on your behalf for the medical portion. In some instances, medical insurance will not cover these specialized visits. As such, we cannot guarantee your insurance will cover any charge. All services not submitted to insurance are paid for at time of service. The therapeutic portion is paid out of pocket at the time of service as it is not an insurance submit-able charge.
● Vision Efficiency Evaluation appointments are $160.00 per session ($80 medical and $80 Therapeutic).
● Vision Therapy appointments are $125.00 per session ($50 medical and $75 Therapeutic). It does not include any charges that may be incurred due to rental, loss or breakage of vision therapy equipment.
● We are happy to utilize a credit card number on file for your convenience.
● Cash, Check, Credit (Visa, Discover, MasterCard), or Care Credit, we also accept HSA and Flex Ben Accounts.
Vision Therapy Sessions are typically booked in 8-16 week blocks. As such, it is important that you remain in contact with us at all times regarding potential cancellations or late arrivals. If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, we will do our best to accommodate however, we will likely need to offer another appointment time. If you are unable to attend the visits as scheduled, we will gladly work with you to coordinate a better time. However, if you fail to show up for your scheduled appointments, without notification, we reserve the right to withdraw you or your child from the program.